Guidelines for The National Fresenius Award:
The award consists of a plaque of suitable design and a monetary award of $ 5,000. The award is formally presented at the American Chemical Society’s Annual Award Ceremony in conjunction with the spring national ACS meeting.
- The award recipient must be under 35 years of age at the date of the nomination.
- The award recipient must have made substantial, nationally recognized scientific contributions.
- Selection of the recipient is the responsibility of a five-member Award Committee composed of previous Fresenius Award recipients.
- The recipient will be selected from persons nominated by the Chairs of the departments of Biochemistry, Chemical Engineering and Chemistry in United States Universities (as listed in the American Chemistry Society Directory of Graduate Research).
- Only one award will be made each year.
The National Fresenius Award Nomination Procedure:
Nominations for the 2014 Fresenius Award must be submitted to and all supporting received by the National President by November 1, 2013:Dr. Eugene Grimley National President, Phi Lambda Upsilon Department of Chemistry Elon University 2625 Campus Box
Phone (336) 278-6222 FAX (336) 278-6258 firstname.lastname@example.org
The nomination packet must consist of the following items:
i. A nomination letter, by the department Chair, that details why the nominee is particularly worthy of consideration for the Fresenius Award.
ii. A biography of the candidate that contains the following information:
- Place and date of birth
- Professional activities
- List of publications (no reprints)
- List of awards, honors and noteworthy achievements
iii. Three (3) letters of recommendation from former mentors and/or professional associates.
The above items may be sent separately, but they must all arrive by the deadline. Submission may be by FAX or by postal or electronic mail, but all letters must bear the appropriate signatures; i.e., the originals may have to be digitally scanned if transmission is to by e-mail.
Please direct all inquiries to the National President.